Hello! I'm back, and I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, just as I did. Tonight is New Year's Eve, and it's even more of a special event than just that for several reasons. Not only is it a full moon, but it is a "blue moon," and there will be a lunar eclipse as well... all on the eve of a brand new decade! To me, this signifies a rare and special event, one that I will not take for granted.
A full moon is supposed to be a time for taking action and giving thanks, while a blue moon is good for setting new goals for yourself, no matter how lofty they are. Most of us make New Years resolutions anyway, so what better time to make wishes for the upcoming year than tonight under the strong energy and silver light of the moon? I plan on driving to my hometown's beach and sitting in the sand with a friend, basking in the beautiful light of the evening and contemplating the past year and future. Here are some of the wishes I have in mind to begin 2010 with:
- To be given a sign for what I should pursue in my future, whether it is art, filmmaking, journalism, or something entirely different.
- To be put on the proper path towards whatever career is best for me and would make me happy.
- To befriend new, kind and sincere people.
- To be surrounded with positivity and joy in my love life and life in general.
- To excel in school and enjoy the process of learning without being stressed out.
- To be given time to live and eat more healthily.
- For good luck and wonderful opportunities to surround my friends, family, and I.
Do you have any New Year's resolutions or wishes? Any special plans? Please share them with me... I am so curious! I can't wait to see what this new decade will bring, but it's crazy how fast the past one has gone by. Anyways, I hope you all have a meaningful New Year's Eve and a love-filled and prosperous year to come! I will be back up at school soon (which makes me sad because I love being home in Florida at the beach) and writing regular blog posts again (which makes me smile).
Until then, au revoir!
Oh, aren't the moon pictures amazing? Created by a Russian designer. Find more pictures at Your Personal Moon.